Individuals may be interested in performing a wide variety of volunteer jobs from screening clients, sorting, stocking, packing and delivering groceries to residents in need. In many cases, a small commitment of a few hours a month is all that is necessary.
Organizations may want to host a food drive. Please check the Most Needed Items List before holding your drive. Notify the Food Shelf on the dates of your drive by calling (585)-425-7410. We would like to know of your plans in order to have volunteers available to sort the food and stock the shelves.
Consider some of the tips for conducting food drives from our Food Drive Guide
Fairport High School Seniors
High School Seniors needing community service hours:
We have no volunteer hours available unless you might consider conducting a food drive in your neighborhood.
- Contact John Ramsperger @ (585)-721-7080 or (585)-425-1065 for discussing plans to conduct a food drive and details.
- Go to Perinton Food Shelf website for the Most Needed Items List.
- Create a flyer for your food drive, including dates, times, items needed and instructions
where to leave items(front porch, door handle).
- After picking up food drive items, contact John Ramsperger for delivery time.
- Once at the food shelf, student will check dates and sort food.
- After completion, student will receive a letter regarding hours and project completed.